- There’s not much you can do with Pokémon Showdown offline.
- With the new Friends feature in Pokémon Showdown, users can create a friends list.
- However, to create a private space for you and your friends to battle, you need a Pokémon Showdown private server.
Pokemon is a popular video game series from Game Freak. It is one of the oldest games in the series and has gone through several changes over time. It has features like the strange role play, fierce battles, characters and legends. The game has millions of players following it since the start, which is amazing for such an old game.
Although the changes over time may not be very exciting to some, the game is still one of the best out there.
Pokemon Showdown is a battle simulator for Pokemon that allows you to play with a specific player or random players. We’ll show you how to set up your private server in this article.
How do you do a private battle in Pokémon Showdown?
Doing a private battle in Pokemon Showdown means you want to challenge a specific player. It is a competitive game tool. You can do this by following these steps:
- Click on the username request your profile or Find a user possibility in the Main Menuthen type your username.
- After selecting the player of your choice, click on Challenge to ask for a battle.
- Then choose the format you want to play (you can also create teams to challenge in Showdown)
Can you be friends in Pokémon Showdown?
Yes, you can be friends in the Pokémon Showdown. It is a function that allows you to have a friend list where you can add friends or help friends. You can add friends using this command:
/friend add <insert username>
You can also view your friends list with the command
How can I create a private server in Pokemon Showdown?
1. Configure your server
- Download and install node.js before trying to create a private server.
- press the the Windows key, find it system symbol and throw it away.
- Run the following command to start the Pokémon Showdown:
node pokemon-showdown 8000
- Then visit your server at
- You can replace SERVER with your domain or IP. (for example, http://localhost:8000)
- You will be redirected to
2. Create an administrator account
- Create a named file config/usergroups.csv and will contain
- Change the USERNAME to your Pokemon stop username.
Here’s how to set up your own Pokemon Showdown server. However, your computer will be the server computer to which others will connect via port forwarding.
Can you play Pokémon Showdown offline?
Pokemon Showdown is a simulator that lets you fight against other players. However, you can’t do much with Showdown without an internet connection.
That’s because you have to play with others through an online connection, and there’s no way to do that offline. So to use the matchup you need to be online to add opponents.
Games like Pokémon are fun to play. They have many features that you can take advantage of. Plus, Pokémon Showdown makes it even better because you can set up battles with specific friends and players. Moreover, there are Pokemon browser games that you can access in your browsers.
Moreover, you can learn more about the best Pokemon Go emulators for PC and how to use them.